Thursday, May 26, 2016

DARE TO SHINE!!

It's finally here! DARE TO SHINE was released on World Goth Day, and our anthology, the beloved labor of several like-minded people came to fruition in support of The Sophie Lancaster Foundation...or S.O.P.H.I.E.

My story is called 'Late Bloomers'. It's a short story about an ex-hippie, cat-lady widow who befriends an awkward goth kid with the help of their guardian angels. They find that despite their age difference, they're not so different after all. They're just odd to everyone else. You'll like Triam. He's the mastermind behind the meeting.

That's all I'm willing to tell you...for now. ONE HUNDRED percent of the profits of this project belong to S.O.P.H.I.E., So I'm not sure how much I can tell you about the contents. I can tell you that it's important to us. Many people donated time and talent to get this done. For free, because we believe in the anti-bullying campaign. I can tell you Emma Hibbs put her heart and soul into this, despite her busy life, and when this settles a bit, I'd like to interview her for this blog. This was her idea.

Okay...I CAN tell you my story includes cats and talks about music from the sixties right up to current. Also, local drag queen Chelsea Horrendous makes an appearance. I can tell you it was surprisingly easy, as I picture myself as Julie someday. The setting is in my neighborhood, in my own house, although the cats are fictional.

So I would encourage everyone to buy this book. Again, every cent will go to The Sophie Lancaster Foundation. Here's a link!Dare to Shine

No comments:

Post a Comment