Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

FreeDigitalPhoto.net
Happy New Year everyone! Hope 2013 is treating you well so far?

Yes, I'm late, but I didn't think anybody would miss Thoeba and me for another week.
Then I checked here and found 7 new followers who weren't here before.

Oh, Hai! Welcome to our blog! Nice to meet you all!

I guess while I'm here I will brag...er...um, TALK about what I got for Christmas.

I got a Kindle. Yes, the computer-illiterate, jurassic author of Thoeba is joining the human race, with all the grace of 'Tard, the Grumpy Cat.' Believe it or not, but I'll be getting a smartphone too...or some junk that does more than let me phone, text, and take photos. Time to get WITH the times.

It sounds as though I'm resistant to change. I'm not, actually. I just wish it wouldn't happen faster than time allows me to learn. If I didn't believe ebooks were the wave of the future, I wouldn't be published as an ebook writer, would I?

Paperbacks and hardcovers are awesome to hold on your hands to to own, but there comes a time when you need a bigger house just to keep your library. And I'm looking forward to reading in bed without my troll complaining that the light keeps him awake.

Imagine...reading under the covers without using a flashlight! I can't wait! Of course, I'll have to demure until I finish reading the hardcovers already given me. I finished Cloud Atlas, now I'm on "Shut up and Give Me the Mic" from Dee Snider. I still have "In the Pleasure Groove" (John Taylor of Duran Duran) and "Cleopatra-A Life" by Stacy Schiff to read before I crack open my Kindle.

And then...THEN, I'm going after Staccato Publishing. I mean Heather Savage, Jacinta Maree, C.S. Yelle, and Jay Mims. My fellow Staccatoans! You FIRST!! Hyuk!

There is a WEALTH of ebook writers out there I haven't discovered, but I'm also looking forward to reading more of others I already know like, Deanna Wadsworth, Jessica Frost, and Meg Jensen. I'm coming everybodeeeee!

Anyone got any suggestions? What are you reading?

So yes, part of my New Year's Resolution is to take the time to read more. The other part is this:

I am almost 41 years old, and I am borderline diabetic. It's not always what I eat---I have been progressively erasing processed foods from my diet for many years. (10 years without a box of Hamburger Helper in this house) I hate fruits and veggies, but I work at making them a staple-not a side.

My REAL problem is exercise. I don't get enough. It wasn't a problem until I quit my full-time job as a meatcutter 4 years ago. I have the ever-expanding waistline to prove it.

Time to reclaim my health, and a proper routine. Back to morning writing, and afternoon exercise. Or maybe the reverse will work? Gotta do something rather than being complacent. Wish me luck.

What about you guys? Anyone feel like sharing?

1 comment:

  1. I miss our walking mornings. I haven't replaced them with any other exercise either. Maybe we have to think about the buddy system again.

    ReplyDelete